25 June 2012

M's Summer Nails v2.0

From my recent haul, I've added three new nail polishes to my Summer collection.  They are gorgeous and just couldn't be passed on.
Essie play date - $7.99 CAD (on sale from $9.99)
Essie bikini so teeny - $9.99 CAD
L'Oreal colour riche (tangerine crush 400) - $7.49 CAD
omg so pretty
on paper
I painted Essie Play Date onto my nails the night of buying it, because it is such a beautiful colour.  It is a bright colour that is a cross between lilac-lavender and magenta.  Comparable to Illamasqua Jo'mina, but definitely muted.  (See Vampy Varnish's swatch of Jo'mina here.)

I'm sure Essie Bikini So Teeny requires no introduction as it's been quite the hype of Essie's Summer 2012 collection.  I posted my thoughts on it, as well as, an in-depth comparison between Bikini So Teeny and Lapiz of Luxury - see it here.

I've been lusting over Essie Camera since the Lights, Camera, Action collection came out a month ago, but just could not bring myself to buy it for some reason... despite R's efforts... so, when I discovered L'Oreal Tangerine Crush as a more favourable dupe, I did not hesitate to pay $3 less.  Tangerine Crush is a beautiful bright coral orange, and I actually like it more than Camera because it leans slightly more orange than pink.  It is also a smidge less neon than Camera - more wearable, but still fab.

What are your must-have nail colours for the Summer?

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment