16 July 2012

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Blissful

I've been pacing around Blissful at all of my local Sephora shops for quite a while, but just kept holding myself back so I could get it whenever I went over to the states next - It's $33 CAD in Canada and $25 USD in the states.

Evidently, I stopped by a Sephora when I was in the states over the Canada Day/Independence Day long weekend.

Tarte claims that it has 12-hour wear without oxidization.  I think it gives about 5-6 hours on my combination/oily skin during the Summer, and about 7-8 hours on my combination skin during the Winter.
The colour does not oxidize on the cheeks and it is true to the colour you see in the pan.

I absolutely live by Tarte blushes because they are long-wearing, do not oxidize, and are cruelty-free.
In addition, they are formulated without mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl suflate, and synthetic fragrance.  Instead, they contain beeswax, vitamin E, vitamin C, mineral pigments, and of course, amazonian clay.
Heavy and Light swatch (in direct natural light)
Heavy and Light swatch (in indirect natural light)
Blissful is a beautiful warm coral that would be flattering on any skin tone, and has been my ultimate go-to blush for this Summer.
I know a lot of people (including my girl-crush, Vivianna Does Makeup) have been raving about Tarte's Tipsy, but I prefer Blissful because it is a bit warmer and less bright.  Blissful is good for anyone who wants to have a brighter blush that is still conservative enough for the office.  Most people who rave and use Tipsy only lightly dab on it anyway, which actually gives a very similar, but slightly more orange, colour payoff as Blissful.

What are your favourite coral blushes?

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment