24 August 2012

LUSH Honey I Washed The Kids Soap - A Review

This is my first Lush solid soap.  It's actually my first solid soap since I was a toddler when my family stopped using solid soaps.

Anyone who goes anywhere near a Lush store, will be fascinated by what seems like big wheels of colourful cheese - these are their solid soaps.  They sell them like deli, where you tell them how much you want or how much you want to pay, and they will cut you a piece.
I got a $10.81 slice of Honey I Washed The Kids ($7.95 CAD per 100g) because it's one of their best sellers and I'm obsessed with anything honey.

If you're interested, these are its ingredients:

Honey Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water,Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume,Beeswax, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil,Aloe Vera Extract, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride,EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Gardenia Extract,Titanium Dioxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate
*occurs naturally in essential oils

Smell:
It smells like toffee and honey.  It makes my bathroom smell amazing all the time now, not just after I've showered.  The only thing is, the smell doesn't last on the body.

Lather:
Awesome.

Moisture:
It's not crazy moisturizing (where there would be a film), but definitely nowhere near drying.  It just brings my skin to a happy state of moisture, where I'm not itching from dry skin.
You can really tell whether or not a soap is going to be drying by watching how it dries after a shower.  As you can see below, my slice doesn't dry out at all.  There's no splitting from loss of moisture.  What's really cool is even the lather doesn't dry out and disappear.

This is my dry bar after a week's use.

Verdict:
It's a good soap and an amazing shaving cream.
I was lazy and decided to just use it as shaving cream too since I had already lathered up everywhere.  My shaver glides over it like a dream and gives me really nice close shaves!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment