15 August 2012

M went hauling yet again, this time for Lush

I finally remembered to bring my five black pots to the mall over the weekend, and was able to pick up a free face mask.  If you bring back five black pots to Lush, they will give you a free face mask of your choice.  Of course, I picked up my beloved Love Lettuce.  As you can see from my empty pots, Love Lettuce is quite an essential for me now - it's the perfect pick-me-up when I feel like my skin is feeling tired, dull, or dehydrated.  See my full review rave on it: here.
My empties.
The sucker in me couldn't just leave the store without snooping on everything else (except for their Emotional Brilliance makeup line - I'm kinda bleh about it)... so, I ended up with a few more things.
Honey I Washed The Kids soap bar & Love Lettuce fresh face mask
free sample of Ro's Argan body conditioner & Godiva shampoo bar
I tried the Turkish Delight shower smoothie back in April and loved it but swore that it was not worth the price tag.  In the beginning of June, I caved and bought a second pot.  I've been lusting for it since I ran out of it at the end of July, but man, that $32.95 CAD is hefty... so, in hope of finding a cheaper alternative, I picked up a $10.81 CAD piece of the Honey I Washed The Kids bar soap.  It's supposed to be a pretty hydrating, but not greasy, option.  As soon as I find a soap dish, I'll be busting it out.

I've been meaning to try the solid shampoo for a while now, since I know that I will be travelling twice a week when I start at my new job in January.  I would rather not check in any bags if I'm going to be travelling so frequently, so as little liquids as possible is the goal.  I could continue depot-ing some shampoo, but that gets annoying.  Plus, I've heard that the sold shampoos last forever.  I read through the descriptions of each and shortlisted it down to Godiva and Seanick before consulting with one of the Lush girls there.  Strategically, I requested assistance from the girl with fine hair, because I felt like she would understand my specific requests.    I ended up choosing Godiva ($10.95 CAD).  I've been trying it out for a couple of days and will continue for a bit.  Look out for a full review at a later date.
I also bought the square tin that's meant for the body melts to carry it.  It was $3.95 CAD.  The solid shampoo rounds were a bit oversized for the shampoo tins, haha.

The cashier demo-ed and gave me a generous sample of the Ro's Argan body conditioner, because she saw that I liked Turkish Delight.  Ro's Argan is supposed to be complementary to Turkish Delight, as it is also rose scented, but I found the scent of Ro's Argan to be much more fruity than Turkish Delight which actually has a much more muted, musky rose scent.  Ro's Argan was way too overpowering for me, so I will not be purchasing it.  I'm not using it as a body lotion, but rather as a shower lotion the way the cashier had demo-ed for me.  I'm just using up the sample as my "soap" in the shower.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment