7 February 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Collection (Pictures & Swatches)

Today's the official launch date for the collection!

As mentioned in my preview post, I had placed Betty Bright, Daddy's Little Girl, and Prom Princess on hold for pick up today.  Go to that post if you want to see pictures of the displays.

First of all, the packaging is adorable.  It's super cute and very fitting for Valentine's Day.
The inside of these boxes is a solid red

L-R:  Daddy's Little Girl, Betty Bright
Prom Princess
If you're interested in the ingredients:
For lipsticks
For blushes
Betty Bright
Daddy's Little Girl
Prom Princess
Prom Princess
Sorry, the swatches are kind of crappy... I was trying to rush them before the sun set.
L-R:  Betty Bright, Daddy's Little Girl
Prom Princess
And finally, if you care enough for my opinion...

Betty Bright $20 CAD:
  • a Betty lipstick
  • limited edition
  • Satin finish
  • super creamy
  • very opaque and super pigmented - my swatches were only two swipes each
  • bright, pastel, coral pink
This lipstick is bright.  It's the brightest shade I own, and I love it.  It's perfect for days when I feel like being a bit more adventurous.
I don't want to look cartoonish wearing it, so, I don't apply it normally.  I dab it over my lips, and then blend it out with a finger.  It's a lot more wearable this way.
For a much more detailed review and professional photos, see Temptalia's post.

Daddy's Little Girl $20 CAD:
  • a Veronica lipstick
  • limited edition
  • Satin finish
  • creamy
  • very opaque and pigmented - my swatches were only two swipes each
  • very bright, berry fuchsia
Another bright lipstick.  Again, for my adventurous days, haha.
I can wear this straight from the bullet without looking crazy, but to ease myself into brighter lip colours, I will be applying it the same way as Betty Bright (dab and then blend with a finger).
For a much more detailed review and professional photos, see Temptalia's post.

Prom Princess $26 CAD:
  • a Veronica blush
  • limited edition
  • Satin powder blush
  • finely milled
  • good pigmentation
  • a little dry, but doesn't really affect application to the cheeks
  • pinky violet with a sheen - tiny specks of sparkle that are only noticeable in sunlight
I've been wanting a violetish berry to add to my blush collection, and this one is the exact colour match to what I've been looking for.  It looks like a scary colour, but it's actually quite wearable (as long as you don't overdo it haha).  I think it's a great colour, and I'll be using this for the remainder of Winter, and into Spring.
Unfortunately, it's not nearly as smooth and velvety as my Tarte blushes, but still very easy to apply and it has good all-day wear.
For a much more detailed review and professional photos, see Temptalia's post.

---

As you can tell, I'm trying to be brave and a bit more adventurous, as I venture into brighter and more vibrant colours.  I'm excited to get tons of wear out of these three products!

Are you lusting after anything from this collection?

Unfortunately, most of the collection is sold out, but I would still recommend you to go out and see the collection if you haven't already done so.  Who knows, you might still be able to pick something up!
MAC did pretty good with this one, bringing back some nostalgic memories.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment