21 February 2013

Stella by Stella McCartney Eau de Parfum (The Print Collection)

I had heard of Stella aplenty from my subscription of UK youtubers, but never really got around to giving it a whiff.

When I saw the limited edition Print Collection packaging, I had to give it a shot.

There are three versions (Meg's post shows all three).
As you can see, I chose the purple and yellow one.





Packaging:

The bottle is so pretty!  It is both classy and contemporary.
The print is on both the front and the back.

It's branded at the top; on the lid.
The spray is impressive.  It's very misty and sprays wide.

The ombré effect is absolutely GORG.
The original Stella bottle is full ombré, and I'm glad they carried it over this limited edition packaging.


Scent:

I sprayed the scent on my wrists at the beginning of my shopping trip, and found that the scent meshed with my body chemistry pretty well.

The notes in Stella are:
Rose, Peony Flower, Mandarin, Rose Absolute, Amber.

It is heavy on the floral, rose scent.  The mandarin isn't so obvious, but it definitely helps cut the intensity of rose.

Stella definitely a more grown up scent.  It is sensual and feminine.

I see Stella as a Fall, Winter, and evening/night scent.  Perhaps, because of the amber.
I've loving it layered with Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey.


I purchased this from Sephora for $52 CAD.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment