24 April 2013

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 027 Juicy Papaya (Summer 2013)

In March, I was seeing the new Lip Butter Summer 2013 colours pop up on blogs.  My interest was definitely sparked as the colours are more up my alley than their existing lineup of colours.  I think the released colours are more universally flattering, too.

Anyway, when I was in Chicago, I made my first trip to Ulta!
There, I saw three of the four colours:  Juicy Papaya, Sorbet, and Wild Watermelon.  I didn't see Pink Lemonade.

I ended up selecting Juicy Papaya.  This sort of pink coral is my thing, haha.



L:  heavy swatch; R:  single swipe
Texture:
smooth; buttery lip balm

Smell:
none

Pigmentation:
sheer; shine

Colour:
light coral pink

Verdict:
I really like it.  If you have pigmented lips, like me, then the colour payoff obviously isn't as pink as swatched above.  On my mauve pink lips, the colour is definitely visible, but is more of a medium coral orange.  Amy's (theprettyvain) swatch of Juicy Papaya is actually pretty true to how it looks on my lips (appears a smidge more pink on me).

Apparently, these colours are not limited edition colours, and will be added to permanent line.  So, no rush... though, I'm sure they'll sell quickly.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment