18 August 2013

Used Up Beauty Products / Empties #4

Sorry, I've been quite lazy with blogging... work has been keeping me busy, and during the weekends, I just want to enjoy the beautiful Summer weather.

During the months, I've finished a ton of products... so, I figured I would return with an Empties post.  My last empties post was in June!



Dove damage therapy daily moisture shampoo
My HG!

Organix Renewing moroccan argan oil intense moisturizing treatment (my review)
I liked it, and it made my hair feel nice, but nothing too special.

The Body Shop shower gels for earth lovers in lemon and thyme
It's part of their new hippie line (biodegradeable, no parabens, no sulphates, etc.)  It smells amazing.  It's a bit drying.  I only used 3/4 of it, because I think it broke me out -- I got body acne for the first time in my life, and it was the only new product that I was using on my body.

Gillette Satin Care sensitive skin shave gel
This one has Olay oils or something like that... I didn't really notice anything different with it.  I prefer the regular sensitive skin one.

The Body Shop olive body scrub
I love the body shop's body scrubs!  This olive scent is very fresh and a tiny bit herb-y.  Definitely smells like a fresh olive branch; thankfully, not like the marinated ones that you would eat, haha.

LUSH love lettuce fresh face mask (my review)
HG.  My 9th and 10th ones.
I will continue to repurchase it.

LUSH ocean salt
Smells citrus-y.  It has both fine and coarse sea salt bits for scrubbing.
It's nice, but nothing special.  It's super expensive too!
I prefer the body shop ones.

L'OCCITANE hand cream in cherry princess
This was a limited edition scent, that's a lighter and fruity version of the cherry blossom one.

Cover Girl lashblast fusion mascara in blackest black water resistant (the purple one)
My HG mascara for yearsssss.  Hold curl all day, no clumping, no spider lashes, volumizing, no smudging at all.

Cover Girl lashblast clump crusher in black water resistant (the green one)
This MAY have surpassed the CG lashblast fusion one!!!  I find this does the same thing the fusion does, except the curled wand gives my lashes just a bit more curl and lift.  When I finish my backups of the fusion one, I'll pick up the clump crusher again.

BUXOM buxom lash in black
This is a super old one... I'm talking maybe over a year old... found it the other day, and actually still looks good to use, but obviously, I wasn't about to risk pink eye.
I used to love this one... but I just cannot justify paying $20+ for a mascara.  I think it used to be $20 at Sephora -- it's now $24.

NARS smudgeproof eyeshadow base
My HG eyeshadow primer.  I believe it's silicone based; feels like it.  It keeps my eyeshadow (powder and cream) in place and crease-less all day -- even those super long days at work!

Bioré nosestrips
The nosestrips are HG. I use them once a week, as part of my Sunday routine.  Love them.
I've been using them since my teen years, and will continue to repurchase them.

Crest whitestrips
I use these on and off, depending on how sensitive my teeth are at the time.
I always see results though.

Sensodyne toothpaste
My go-to toothpaste because I have sensitive teeth.  I definitely notice a difference when I use other brands.

Bumble & Bumble surf shampoo and conditioner
I received these samples with my last Sephora online order.
They did give me beachy looking hair, like I had salt spray in it.
It's not right for me though -- I'm more of a polished and smooth hair type of girl.

Burt's Bees after sun soother
This is my HG after sun / sun burn remedy.  It gives instant relief to the redness and pain.
I have vampire skin (minus the glitter); in other words:  super thin, super pale (read:  fluorescent), easily flushed/red, hyper sensitive skin.
I burn very easily and quickly, so I'm a bit crazy when it comes to sun protection... post 1 and post 2.

Gillette venus embrace shaver
I've been using this shaver for a few years.  Good blades (5).  Doesn't nick or scratch.  I think a disposable head lasts me about three months.

Clean & Clear oil blotting sheets
The blue is regular one, and the pink is the grapefruit scented one.
Yup, I went through 3 packs... what can I say... it's Summer.
I love these plastic C&C ones over the flimsy powdery paper ones.

My Beauty Diary (hyaluronic acid, mexico cactus) sheet masks
Loved them all.
I did a full post dedicated to sheet masks.

Quo wedge makeup sponges
Quo is the house brand of Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian drugstore).  I use these to apply my concealer.

La Roche Posay effaclar duo
This is a cult product, but I don't love it as much anymore since their reformulation a year (2 years?) ago.  I'm just using it up, as my night moisturizer.

Bioderma sébium pore refiner (my review)
My HG Summer moisturizer.  It works great underneath makeup.  I wear this on my T-zone (forehead, nose & sides, and chin), where I tend to get oily.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment